M4/M4h – 4.3″ CAN Bus Display – Monochrome LCD
The M4 CAN bus display family are designed as an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) product, and are not available direct to end users. Formerly known as the CANvu 260/261, Veecan 260, and Teleflex Kantrak 2700/2710 the displays have become invaluable in an extremely wide range of applications; from weather stations to machines literally at the coal face, boat engine displays to performance monitoring on rock crushers, and many more diverse applications.
Now in its 3rd generation of hardware, the M4 and M4h, the multi-function intelligent displays have been sold for decades worldwide, model names have changed over the years but hardware compatibility has been maintained.
Compatibility Quick Reference Check
- M4 previously our CANvu 260, compatible with the 2700 from Kongsberg, and 7200 by Seastar
- M4h previously our CANvu 261, compatible with the 2710 from Kongsberg, and 7210 by Seastar
With thousands in service, they are possibly the most tested and widely used marine and industrial CAN bus displays in use today – rugged in its design with proven durability.
The M4 has a standard Engine Monitor application available with full DM1 and DM2 alarm management, as well as multiple languages and configurable display formats, the M4 unit is the foundation of many customised versions of Veethree displays in use globally.
The M4h is capable of operating at lower temperatures with a heated LCD module operating down to -40ºC. The M4 operates to -25ºC, with both operating to +75ºC.
The graphical user interface is easily configured to measure, display, store, process and transmit data using the powerful Software Developers Kit (SDK).
- High resolution graphics and illuminated user defined keys.
- FSTN silver backed LCD that gets brighter in direct sunlight.
- Variable backlight function for low light conditions.
- Automatic and manual display contrast adjustment.
- 3 independent serial Comms ports that can also be used together if required.
- Extremely rugged ABS case sealed to IP67 – up to 1 meter underwater.
- Sealed moulded 12 way Deutsch connector.
- Multiple screens with with internal sounder feedback.
- Ability to function as part of a control system.
- Front, rear and trunnion mounting options.
- CE Approved.
- 500mA output driver (M4h only).
- Special low temp option with a heated LCD module down to -40ºC (M4h only).
|Micro Controller Unit||Siemens 164, 16 bit/ 20Mhz|
|FLASH Memory||512K bytes|
|EPROM||2K bytes in the M4 and 2K bytes + 32K bytes in the M4h|
|Resolution||160 x 128 pixel|
|Power Requirements||10 to 32 VDC supply (reverse polarity protected)|
|Power Consumption||40mA (backlight off) 160mA (backlight on) at 12VDC|
|Sounder||4KHz Internal Sounder|
|Connection||Integral Deutsch 12 way connector (DT04-12PA)|
|Communications||Full CAN 2.0B controller / part. RS232 / RS422. RS485|
|Outputs||1 x Relay (M4h only)|
|Operating temperature||M4 -25°C to + 75°C (-13°F to 167°F)
M4h -40°C to + 75°C (-40ºF to 167ºF)
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to +80°C|
|Degree of Protection||IP67|
|Case material||ABS housing and acrylic lens|
|Case colour||Anthracite Grey|
|Dimensions||110mm x 110mm x 38.5mm deep (4.33' x 4.33' x 1.5') without connector|
To download a technical datasheet please complete the fields below. You will not be added to a mailing list!
The Veethree Guarantee
All Veethree products are backed up by a dedicated and highly experienced team of software engineers, ready to draw up specifications for custom software, undertake the work, test the code and deliver fully functioning products.
Kongsberg Maritime delivers products and systems for dynamic positioning, navigation and automation to merchant vessels and offshore installations.
The Metasystems Division of Kongsberg Maritime was searching for a programmable display that could be used to show specific sensor data that measured shaft power and torque.
harnTRONICS provides wiring harness assemblies, battery cables, and turn key solutions in the field of solutions to the automotive, off highway vehicle, and electronics industry; flexible to customer requirements and improving performance.